Programs Offered to Children
The La Vista Public Library offers many services to children of the community. Below is a listing of current services offered to children, birth through fourth grade.
Younger Children (Birth-Age 6)
Creative Hands programs are activities geared towards kids ages 0-6 and their caregivers. Many of these activities help kids improve fine motor skills, develop critical thinking, and improve socialization. Adults are encouraged to participate in activities with their children.
The next Creative Hands is on..
- Friday, September 8 at 10 a.m.
Music and Movement
Get ready to boogie with song and dance! From singing our favorite nursery rhymes to playing music with shakers your little one will love this program!
The next Music and Movement is on...
- Friday, September 1 at 10 a.m.
- Friday, September 15 at 10 a.m.
We love reading and we love sharing that with you! Children are invited to the library for some stories and fun activities. We do a variety of in-person and virtual storytimes throughout the year. For more information on upcoming storytimes, go to the Storytimes Page on our website.
For Older Children (and their younger siblings!)
This after school activity is all about exploring art and your own creativity!
Upcoming Crafternoon programs...
- Thursday, September 14 at 4 p.m.
- If Papillion/La Vista Community Schools close due to inclement weather, all programs at the library will be canceled.
- During the summer outdoor programs may be cancelled due to extreme heat or moved inside if possible. Check our social media or give us a call at the library if you are unsure if an outdoor program is still happening.
- For information about these services, email the Library or call to talk to a librarian at 402-537-3900