Summer Reading Program 2020
The La Vista Public Library’s Summer Reading Program will look a little different in 2020 because of the pandemic, but we’re excited to launch a virtual program that will begin June 3 and go until July 29.
The theme this year is Imagine Your Story and we’ll be using a free app called Reader Zone to log your reading experiences!
You can register your family and join our program in just a few easy steps and soon you’ll be working your way toward your summer reading goal!
Our readers this summer will be divided into four groups with varying goals:
- Ages 0-6 – 150 books
- Ages 7-11 – 1,500 minutes
- Ages 12-17 – 2,600 minutes
- Ages 18+ – 2,600 minutes
Four steps to getting started!
Step 1: Sign Up
- Head to ReaderZone.com or search for the Reader Zone app in the Google or Apple stores.
- Once on the site or in the app, click Sign up.
- Create an account as a Reader, Parent, or Organizer.
- If you are creating the account for your whole family (including yourself), you will choose Parent.
- If you are creating the account for yourself (adult or teens), you will choose Reader.
Step 2: Adding Names
- Once you have created your account, you can add your children’s names, which will create a place for their books (and yours!) to be logged separately.
Step 3: Joining our Program
- In order to join the La Vista Public Library Summer Reading Program you will need to enter the following reading code: V436r
- Click on Book Bank to add books being read
- When you or your child are finished reading, select the book from the book bank and click Finish Book.
- In order to add to your number of books read, go to main page where there is a box to “enter reading”. Click this and you can change the number to the total number of books you have read.
- Use the built-in timer. Click the green button to start the time. When done reading, click the pause button, select next, and confirm and the minutes will be recorded.
- Manually enter the minutes read by pressing the Manual Entry button. Enter minutes, press next, and confirm.