- Adult Book Clubs
Adult Book Clubs
The La Vista Public Library offers several book clubs to the community. Copies of each month's title will be available to book club attendees to borrow at no cost. Books for the next month are typically handed out at the monthly meeting, but can also be picked up at the front desk (pre-registration required). Contact Cedate Shultz at CShultz@CityofLaVista.org to reserve a copy of a book.
Library membership is not required to join a book club, receive a book, or participate.
Not able to attend, but want to read along? Our upcoming reading lists for each book club are below.
History Book Club
Meets the first or second Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
Join us for a spirited discussion of historical fiction and non-fiction books!
- Saturday, March 11 - We will be discussing The Great Passion by James Runcie
- Saturday, April 8 - We will be discussing Black Birds in the Sky: the Story and Legacy of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre by Brandy Colbert
Evening Book Club
Meets the first or second Monday of the month at 7 p.m.
A variety of genres are read throughout the year. Members of evening book club are encouraged to help select upcoming titles.
- Monday, March 13 - We will be discussing A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell
- Monday, April 10 - We will be discussing Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
Afternoon Book Club
Meets the third Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m.
A variety of genres are read throughout the year. Members of afternoon book club are encouraged to help select upcoming titles.
- Wednesday, March 15 - We will be discussing Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
- Wednesday, April 19 - We will be discussing Nemesis by Philip Roth
Page to Screen Book Club
Meets the third Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Has a movie screening at 12 p.m. one Saturday a month.
Join us for a book discussion and then come back and watch the film adaptation! This book club is the perfect fit for movie lovers. You don't need to be part of the book discussion group to come watch the movie.
- Tuesday, March 20 - We will be discussing Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier at 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 25DATE CHANGE: Now Saturday, April 1 - We will be showing the movie Rebecca at 12 p.m.