The City of La Vista has adopted the 2012 I-Codes (PDF), which consists of the following:
- International Building Code
- International Residential Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Fire Code
- International Fuel Gas Code
- International Energy Conservation Code (2018)
- National Electric Code (2017)
- International Property Maintenance Code
Permit Forms & Applications
Below are forms available online to download for permit applications. Fee information is below. A list of permits issued, by month, is available for review.
- Accessory and Light Remodeling Permit Application (PDF). This includes permits for fences, decks (see more information (PDF)), sheds (see more information (PDF)), swimming pools (see more information), patio covers, driveways/curbs (Find additional information on driveways/curbs), roofs, siding, windows, etc. A permit application must be submitted to City Hall along with a drawing that shows the location of the improvement on the property and its distance from the property line, the house, a detached garage, and other existing structures, such as a shed.
- Conditional Use Permit Application (PDF). Required information is on form.
- Commercial Building Permit Application (PDF). Three paper copies of the plan set (in addition to a digital copy) are required with application submittal.
- Deck Brochure (PDF) and Additional Deck Form (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Flood Plain Development Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler & Alarm Permit Application (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF). Two copies of the plan are required with submittal of application.
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)- Permanent or Temporary.Garage Sale and Political Sign information
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
Permit Fees & Payment Processing
Fee information can be found in the Master Fee Ordinance and Building Department specific fee schedules:
- Master Fee Ordinance (PDF)
- Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
The City of La Vista accepts cash, check, and credit card payments for permit and license renewal fees. If you would like to pay for a permit or other application with a major credit card, download this one-time payment authorization form (PDF), and fax it back to us at 402-593-6445.
Credit card payments can also be completed online once the invoices have been entered into our software. Please call the Community Development Department at (402) 593-6400 to inquire about online payments. The following convenience fees will apply for each transaction:
- E-Checks – $3 for transactions up to $10,000; $10 for transactions over $10,000
Forms require Adobe Reader to Review. To download for free, go to adobe.com