The City of La Vista has adopted the 2012 I-Codes (PDF), which consists of the following:
- International Building Code
- International Residential Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Fire Code
- International Fuel Gas Code
- International Energy Conservation Code (2018)
- National Electric Code (2017)
- International Property Maintenance Code
Below are forms available online to download for permit applications. Fee information is below. A list of permits issued, by month, is available for review.
- Accessory and Light Remodeling Permit Application (PDF). This includes permits for fences, decks (see more information (PDF)), sheds, swimming pools (see more information), patio covers, driveways/curbs (Find additional information on driveways/curbs), roofs, siding, windows, etc. A permit application must be submitted to City Hall along with a drawing that shows the location of the improvement on the property and its distance from the property line, the house, a detached garage, and other existing structures, such as a shed.
- Conditional Use Permit Application (PDF). Required information is on form.
- Commercial Building Permit Application (PDF). Three copies of the plan are required with submittal of application.
- Deck Form (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Flood Plain Development Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler & Alarm Permit Application (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF). Two copies of the plan are required with submittal of application.
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)- Permanent or Temporary.Garage Sale and Political Sign information
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
Fee information can be found in the Master Fee Ordinance:
- Master Fee Ordinance (PDF)
- Additional fee information: Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
Building Permit Fee Schedule Cheat Sheet (PDF)
Electrical Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
Mechanical Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
Plumbing Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
The City of La Vista now accepts credit card payments. If you would like to pay for a permit or other application with a major credit card, download this one-time payment authorization form (PDF), and fax it back to us at 402-593-6445.
All credit card transactions with the City of La Vista have the following convenience fees:
- Credit Cards - 3% of transaction with $2 minimum
- E-Checks - $3 for transactions less or equal to $10,000; $10 for transactions over $10,000
Forms require Adobe Reader to Review. To download for free, go to adobe.com