Thank you for visiting the Official Site of the City of La Vista, Nebraska.The City of La Vista Internet site, (also known as www.ci.la-vista.ne.us) is provided as a service to the citizens of La Vista and to the general public.By accessing or using the Site, or informational materials and data contained within the Site, the user hereby agrees to accept the following terms and conditions contained below.
By visiting the Official Site of the City of La Vista, Nebraska, users agree that they will not use the Site for any unlawful activity or use it in any way that would violate any of the terms and conditions stated in this Policy
Links to External Websites from City of La Vista’s Website
In order to provide information regarding City government, as well as other governmental agencies and private organizations in partnership with the City, the City of La Vista may establish links on the City website to external sites.Links to the following types of organizations may be provided.
- Other government agencies, including, but not limited to, federal, state, county, regional, educational institutions, and special districts.
- Organizations that receive sponsorship from the City of La Vista in the form of a financial grant, or a written contract by which the City provides services in collaboration with the organization to achieve a mutual goal related to the City’s governmental purpose.
- Commercial real estate and commercial developers that assist the City in promoting businesses throughout La Vista by providing listings of available commercial property in La Vista.
- Local and regional economic development organizations that assist the City in promoting businesses throughout La Vista and business district associations.
- Sites providing directional and climatic information.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The City of La Vista provides these links solely for users’ of the City’s website information and convenience.When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the La Vista website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external.
- The City of La Vista does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The City does not endorse or recommend any third party website, product, or services, unless otherwise noted.
- The City of La Vista does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites.Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The City of La Vista is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
Location and Appearance of Links
The City reserves the right to determine how and where external links will appear on its website; i.e. what page the link appears on and where the link is placed on the page.
Links to the City of La Vista’s Website
Advance permission to link to the City’s Website is not necessary.However, the party linking to the City’s website should be aware that its sub-pages may change at any time without notice.
Entities and individuals linking to the City’s website shall not capture pages with frames, present the City’s website content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent this website’s content or misinform users about the origin or ownership of its content.Any link to the City’s website should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to the City’s website unencumbered.The web browser" "back" button should return the visitor to the originating site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Under Nebraska law, e-mail communications are typically public records.If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-record request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
You do not have to give the City of La Vista personal information to visit our website, download our publications, or use our e-mail communications, or any other feature.We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us or unless required by a specific City agency in order to transact business with that agency.
We will use the information that you voluntarily provide to use to notify you of selected Site changes or new publications.We may also use it to conduct statistical analyses of user activities in order to measure user interest in the information we provide and how we provide it.However, we do collect and store some non-personal information as stated below.
What We Collect and Store Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically.This information does not identify you personally.We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit.
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, xcompany.com, if you use a private Internet access account, or yourschool.edu if you connect from an education institution’s domain);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The page from which you came and the pages that you access; and
- Your system’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web).
We use the information we collect in aggregate to count the number of, and types of, visitors to the different pages on our Site and to help us make our Site more useful to visitors like you.
Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Information
Visitors to, and users of, the official website of the City of La Vista, Nebraska, are advised that information contained within the pages of the Site is believed to be accurate.However, errors can occur even with computer-generated information.The City of La Vista makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of such information and the data or that such information and data will be error-free.
In the event that the information on the City’s official printed documents differ from the information contained on this website, the information on the City’s official printed documents will control and take precedence.Please be aware that in the event an error or omission occurs, the City of La Vista will use all of its resources to recover fees and taxes due to it.
Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to rely.Any special notices related to the accuracy of data presented in our Site, or how current specific elements of these are, will be defined on those specific pages.
Although we try to ensure broken links do not exist; links to other Internet sites may have changed.If you encounter broken links, please report it to the City so we can assess and correct the situation.
For security purposes and to help ensure this service remains available to you, we use special software programs for monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this government computer system or Site.These programs collect no information that would directly identify individuals but they do collect information that could help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this website.
If you use this system or Site, you should understand that all activities may be monitored and recorded.Anyone using this system or Site expressly consents to such monitoring.
WARNING - If such monitoring reveals possible evidence or information of criminal or suspicious activity, monitoring records may be provided to law enforcement officials without any prior oral or written notice to you.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we make no other attempts to identify individual users or their usage habits.We only use raw monitoring data for logs for determining trends in usage patters and in diagnosing systems or Site problems.
As a condition of use of the City of La Vista’ website, the user and/or anyone linking to this Site agrees to indemnify the City of La Vista, its Mayor, Councilmembers, officers, employees, and agents against any and all liability, expenses (including attorney’s fees and court costs) and damages arising out of claims resulting from user’s using this website and/or anyone linking to this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach of these terms and conditions stated in this Policy.